WARNING: This release is not compatible with OSX 10.5 or PPC
Only upgrade if you are running 10.6 or higher
- cleanup: Ensure the system doesn't sleep under certain circumstances.
- bugfix: 2013 Scheduled entries were not always appearing in the iCal view.
- Bugfix: Ensure Split recording feature is disabled if RecordToDisk has been disabled.
- Bugfix: Fixed a memory leak related to closing the Preferences menu.
- Bugfix: Drag/drop to the conversions window would occasionally refuse files.
- Bugfix: Multiple HDPVR license keys within a single license file were deemed invalid.
- cleanup: Minor grammar fix in the Misc / Preferences menu.
- cleanup: Changed the Media info window to use a fixed space font.
- Added: Official support for OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Added: HDPVRCapture is now formally code signed for additional user security.
- Bugfix: The Show Media window had visual issues during window resizing.
- Bugfix: Preview button was enabled even when VLC was not installed.
- cleanup: Removed support for OSX 10.5.
- Bugfix: Sporadic recording start times with the March 2012 firmware.
- Bugfix: Fixed 'No Video Detection' errors with 2012 firmware.
- Bugfix: Some UI controls occasionally disappeared on 10.6.8.
- cleanup: Moved to xcode 4.3.2 ahead of the 10.8 incremental changes.
- cleanup: DAC3 atom replacement improvements for larger files.
- Added: Support for recording SD video in 16:9 or 4:3 modes (highly experimental)
- Added: A generic log viewer instead of presenting logfiles in TextEdit.
- Added: A specific help button to the main application window.
- Added: Storing the firmware date inside the recording stats packets.
- Added: New post processing task to split M2TS files into 4GB chunks.
- Added: Experimental post processing task to 'transcode to iPod' (640x480) task if VLC is installed.
- Added: New post processing task to remove the DAC3 atom from MP4 files.
- Bugfix: Related to launching tasks which could later crash.
- Bugfix: Showing logs on 10.7 would generate sandbox errors and fail.
- Changed: Redirect the Menu / Help item to www.hdpvrcapture.com
- Changed: Bumped the software upgrade tool to query www.hdpvrcapture.com instead of steventoth.net
- bugfix: Fixed a 10.5 specific crash on startup.
- Enable video preview when streaming to the network.
- Restart VLC for video preview every time the Preview button is pressed.
- Removed a compiler define for FILTER_TAB, no longer required.
- Update the user preferences (default and custom) with good sensible video defaults.
- Enable the video controls for support with the July 27th 2011 firmware.
- Code cleanup to the usb handler, globals and some common functions.
- Various mutex cleanups, make sure we take the mutex during device removal.
- Re-instate mutex locking on device structure.
- Support VLC in /Applications or on the users desktop.
- bugfix: 10.7 Replaced /tmp tmp files with ~/Documents.
- bugfix: 10.7 bug where writing to /tmp is prohibited.
- bugfix: custom video control values were not being restored correctly.
- bugfix: record recording LED remained on with July 27th Firmware.
- Added a single click defaults button to restore video controls easily.
- Disabled the warning if Perian is not installed.
- bugfix: Preferences windows would often not appear when selected.
- cleanup: Only allow a single VLC instance to run concurrently.
- cleanup: Stop the associated VLC instance when encoding stops.
- Feature: Simplified all-in-one menu in the conversion tab.
- Feature: More flexible timing control over manually scheduled iCal recordings.
- Feature: Add support for Tivo Channel Changing via the network remote interface.
- Feature: Improvements enabling app to by used by Accessibility controls.
- Bugfix: Custom Audio Boost setting was lost when the user selected a different audio input.
- Cleanup: Fixed a small handful of memory leaks.
- Cleanup: Switched the project compiler from gcc to lvm gcc 4.2 and xcode 4.0.2
- Cleanup: Removed bare-bones Applescript support.
- Cleanup: Removed spurious console message.
- Bugfix: Recordings would occasionally abort during conversion to MP4.
- Feature: Broadcast system wide channel change notifications.
- Feature: Support for the Firewire 'Channel Changer' app by rti-zone.org.
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Satellite Box Sky-Plus Amstrad
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Satellite Box Sky-Plus Pace BSKYB3100
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Satellite Box Sky Pace 2500B
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Satellite Box Sky Pace DS445NB
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Cable Box Cisco Explorer 4642HD
- Feature: Added support for IR control of Cable Box BT Vision
- Feature: Minor face lift to the UI, improvements to image rendering.
- Feature: Remember the previous time duration after restart.
- Bugfix: Selecting 1, 2 or 3 digit IR blasting could result in a crash.
- Bugfix: IR blaster often sent additional leading zero digits.
- Feature: Allow the network address / ip to persist when custom settings enabled.
- Feature: New preferences - Move files to Trashcan after mp4 conversion (def disabled).
- Bugfix: Fixed a crash related to the IR blasting keycodes
- Bugfix: iCal scheduling generated popup errors and failed to record.
- Bugfix: TitanTV tvpi files failing to load into HDPVRCapture.
- Bugfix: Higher than necessary CPU load when HDPVRCapture is idle.
- Bugfix: Fixed a small memory leak related to USB handling.
- Bugfix: Avoid signal detection handling during recordings, leading to intermittent stalls.
- Cleanup: Remove small amounts of redundant code.
- Cleanup: Truncate the displayed filename if it overflows the dialog.
- Cleanup: Encoder stop improvements, minor performance improvement.
- Cleanup: Replaced a deprecated function.
- Cleanup: Adjusted the threshold that triggers the 'no audio or video' message for low bitrate streams.
- Cleanup: HDPVRCapture now needs to be running for scheduled recordings to trigger correctly.
- Feature: Enable Return/Enter key to start/stop capture.
- Feature: Added support for infinite recording time.
- Feature: Added support for recording to be split into file chunks based on time.
- Bugfix: HDPVR had to be power cycle during startup else not detected.
- Bugfix: Fixes related to file conversions that abort.
- Bugfix: Ensure appropriate message is shown when HDPVR Firmware fails to start.
- Bugfix: Ensure HDPVRCapture correctly handles removal of HDPVR.
- Feature: Added support for a new revision of the Hauppauge HDPVR hardware
- Feature: Added a real-time stream to network capability
- Feature: Added the ability to disable recording data to disk
- Feature: Show on screen error during capture if audio/video signal is bad
- Feature: Show error if video signal disappears
- Feature: Added Tivo IR support
- Changed: Make Rear RCA jacks the default audio input method
- Changed: Make AAC 2 channel audio the default codec when recording analog audio
- Cleanup: Disable video preview if ONLY streaming captured video to network
- Cleanup: Disable post processing if ONLY streaming captured video to network
- Cleanup: If EyeTV is installed then inform user another app is using the HDPVR.
- Cleanup: Warn user if the output directory does not exist.
- Bugfix: Avoid crash when recording and HDPVR is disconnected
- Bugfix: Crash related to miss-handling of preference data with 2.7.1 beta#1
- Bugfix: Don't disable the Ui controls until the hardware has begin streaming.
- Bugfix: iCal scheduled recordings lost the notes field and show information.
- Bugfix: iCal errors when application starts
- Bugfix: iCal errors when TVPI is opened.
- Bugfix: HDPVRCapture creates iCal events with incorrect dates and/or times.
- Feature: Alterations to the iCal view for faster display of your iCal schedules
- Feature: Alterations to the 'Schedule Entry' dialog to improve performance with large lists of schedules.
- Cleanup: Removed support for 10.4
- Cleanup: Removed support for the iCal Applescript interfaces
- Bugfix: Avoid restarting the encoder after extended fade-to-black on the PS3/360.
- Cleanup: Changed the default audio encoder format from 2 Channel AC3 to AAC for easier customer use.
- Cleanup: Minor on-screen text cleanup in the Audio panel.
- Cleanup: Minor wording change in the Preferences / Misc panel.
- Feature: Allow .zip and .txt file formats during 'Add License' procedure.
- Bugfix: Converting .m2ts recordings to .mp4 would abort on 10.4 Intel.
- Feature: Added a 'load-license' button to simplify license key handling.
- Cleanup: Avoid a crash (hopefully) when HDPVRCapture co-exists with EyeTV.
- Feature: Added support for the Next YE1500 STB IR Blasting.
- Feature: Added a 'Preview Video' button to the recording panel.
- Cleanup: Reduced the maxbitrates and reset the default to 16000.
- Cleanup: The actual hardware encoder maxes at 16000.
- Cleanup: Removed the MP4 embedded comment field from mp4 converted files.
- Bugfix: New version of FFMPEG to fix AC3 transcode issue.
- Cleanup: Removed the long-term disabled IR blaster test controls.
- Bugfix: Avoid a crash (hopefully) when HDPVRCapture co-exists with EyeTV.
- Bugfix: Glitches in video recordings at high bitrates under some circumstances.
- Advanced version from 2.5.0-b3 to 2.5.0.
- Bugfix: iCal view hangs after multiple calendar entries are removed.
- Bugfix: Repeating schedules had incorrect launch dates/times.
- Bugfix: Odd task related bug when post processing related to translating ~, possibly new in 10.5.7.
- Bugfix: Automatic conversion of 5.1 after recording did not have 5.1 passthrough enabled.
- Bugfix: Multiple AC3 5.1 conversion tasks running concurrently hung the app. (Quicktime hang)
- Cleanup: Functional change, limit AC3 5.1 task conversion to a single concurrent instance, to avoid a Quicktime hang.
- Feature: Rewrote the internal scheduler to specifically allow any number of AAC or AC3 2.0 conversions concurrently.
- Feature: Warn the user if Perian is not install.
- Feature: Added support for external channel changing, see prefs. Scripts called with args -c -d -f
- Known Issues: Zap2it schedule entries can be wrong by 12 hours, you need to verify the time at entry time.
- Known Issues: PPC post processing can be buggy.
- Known Issues: .mp4 files don't play on the PS3 (Workaround: play the native .m2ts instead)
- Bugfix: Crash/hang during blasting if no 'Enter key codeset' for the selected STB
- Bugfix: No video captured if we're blasting and not using Component, first time around.
- Bugfix: Buffering related fixes when video is lost, to preserve the packet alignment.
- Bugfix: Buffering related fixes if the encoder has to be restarted.
- Bugfix: Related to high CPU load with the new buffering scheme.
- Bugfix: Related to out of order buffers being written to the recording, causing corruption.
- Bugfix: Mutex deadlock between threads on los of signal.
- Cleanup: Removed spurious debug messages.
- Regression: Added Video Control view (Brightness/Contrast controls) (Not working).
- Feature: Updates to the IR database - Added support for the UK BSKYB Thomson STB.
- Increases the number of allowable outstanding USB buffers to compensate for bursty storage drives.
- Improve performance of Stop Recording function.
- Added Ability to split file into 50MB chunks to help with diagnostics.
- Automatically maps the correct AC3 channesl during conversation, when using Quicktime 7.6 and higher.
- Preparation code to re-enable network streaming (not functional yet)
- Bugfix: Removed Video Control view (Brightness/Contrast controls), these don't work with recent HDPVR firmwares.
- Bugfix: Motorola 6412 IR selected selected the incorrect codeset, results in IR blaster failure.
Release 2.4.0 (internal build)
Release 2.3.1 (internal build)
- Bug: Scheduling via zap2it was broken after a recent zap2it website update. (It's better now but not perfect yet).
- Feature: Added option to query the files metadata and produce a report.
- Feature: Starting with Option key depressed enables two debugging / customer support features to analyze files.
- Feature: Ensured Menu / Help launches browser and navigates to online FAQ.
- Feature: Major speed improvements to to post processing capabilities, a 3GB 2 Hour movie now takes 40 seconds to convert on a MacPro, instead of 10-15 minutes.
- Feature: Major resolution changes to the post processing mechanism, all supported resolutions (1080i/720p/480i) and audio codec types (AAC 2.0, AC3 2.0 and AC3 5.1) can now be converted correctly into .mp4
- Feature: Converted files (1080i/720p/480i with AAC or AC3 2.0 or 5.1) are now compatible with the following applications:
- Compatible with: iMovie '09
- Compatible with: MPEG StreamClip v1.9.2
- Compatible with: FrontRow (Tested 10.5.6)
- Compatible with: Final Cut Pro v6.0.5
- Compatible with: QuickTime Player / QuickTime Pro v7.6
- Feature: Added support for scheduling in using zap2it.com for Canadian customers.
- Cleanup: Compensate if the video glitches to avoid stability issues with Roxio Toast.
- Bugfix: Recordings do not show the correct duration when viewed on the PS3.
- Feature: Allow manual recordings to be accurate to the minute.
- Bugfix: Video signal wasn't detected correctly on cold boot.
- Feature: Lowered the Video Signal check interval to improve performance on low end CPUs
- Feature: New Preferences / Misc option to disable signal detection, lowering CPU overhead.
- Feature: Added time controls to make manual recordings easier.
- Feature: Abort recording if the HDPVR is connected to a low speed USB port.
- Feature: New Preferences / Misc option to override and allow recording on low speed USB ports.
- Cleanup: Minor updates to the tooltips on the Preferences panels.
- Cleanup: Reduced the default recording time from Infinite to 1 hr 30 mins.
- Cleanup: Removed small sections of unused internal code from the early betas.
- Cleanup: Track USB device speed and monitoring options internally for future debugging.
- Cleanup: Track statistics for USB1.1 recordings that exceed 8Mbps and risk stalling.
- Bugfix: Conversion panel task menu did not default correctly in all cases.
- Bugfix: PPC systems would abort during post processing conversion.
- Removed the Get_Video_Format from the recording code, it was causing a long term stall.
- Moved the 'populate iCal view call' from startup to where the user clicks the iCal
view, to speed up application startup _and_ to avoid issues where the app will not start because
of unknown iCal / Applescript issues.
- Added some prep code to find the users HDPVR Recordings calendar directory.
- Added more configurable debugging options for customer support.
- Added new defaults int to allow various advanced debugging features (internalstate) to be
set aiding field support.
- Fixed a major bug with post processing #4 where I was calling quicktime to convert files,
but quicktime was loading those files in asynchronous mode, meaning I was getting audio truncated.
- Added support to analyze files for errors.
- Added support for disabling video signal status.
- Added some wallclock performance debugging.